Ichikraft's Story: From Cat's to Hair's

I know it's weird... But this is where our journey has begun. Who's know? By adopting a cat that could give me the inspiration to create something beautiful with my hands. I hadn't even imagined how it would become, but something we believe can make a different day and it's the day that decided to open a business by creating cat collars and ribbon flower accessories. The important thing is all of that achievement comes from our cat named Ichi.

Ichi was a stray cat before we adopted her. I fed her twice a day at the time. She was having a different behavior that I realized she wasn't friendly with a human. The first time I met her she bites my leg, OMG! But somehow I felt pity because she was a skinny cat.  If I were not fed her who will? She knew that we cared about her, so every time I went down looking for her she showed up, that's the moment we bounded. It's an amazing feeling.

Unfortunately, we had to move and it just happened that someone hit her and half of her body covered with cement. Can you believe that? It's her sad story. We took her to the vet and paid her bill soon we decided to bring her along with us. That's our journey with her has begun. Ichi has been with us for about 4 years and almost 5 years. Now she becomes a beautiful and pretty indoor cat. Having Ichi is such as blessing and a fate.

In 2016 I wanted to give her a collar because my neighbor said she needed it. If Ichi didn't wear a collar people would think that she's a stray cat. We bought the blue one, but soon the problems came, what was it? She didn't like the collar that we bought from the Pet store. She hates it! It was a breakaway cat collar, and many cats wear them. One night we struggled to help her because the collar stuck in her mouth. We were sorry for her, poor girl... I was thinking why not make a collar on my own?

I don't remember when I started to create a collar for Ichi, maybe around October 2016. I created a simple cat collar by using soft material. Because Ichi doesn't like to wear a collar so I create an elastic cat collar for her. I wanted her feeling to save, comfort, and easy wearing a collar. The important thing is it won't hurt the cat's neck, that's what I am concern about. I tried many designs until someday I found the masterpiece of my cat collars design. Yeah, nobody thought me how to design and stitching, I just did it by myself.

Someday my husband said, "it looks good, why not selling them out?" I thought it was a good idea! That's how my business starts named Ichikraft. Yes, we named our business after my cat's name. Ichi is a Japanese word that means number one. I want Ichikraft to become the number one handicraft (cat collars and handmade flowers) in our customer's heart. I am trying the best I could to do my work. Creating save and comfort cat collars, also making ribbon flowers. I love my work!

So why I also making handmade ribbon flowers? Since I was a kid I love flowers and creating handcraft. I created flowers and wall decoration by using a plastic straw, made a bag using cardboard,  made a fabric school bag, and knit my own hair tie. I loved drawing too! When I start to create cat collars, I want something more and I knew it, FLOWERS! Nobody thought me how to make ribbon flowers, and I just did it. So I decided to design and creating ribbon flowers accessories 😃


Ichikraft Youtube Channel, enjoy our video! - Video creator Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy, Video Editor RDZ

Note:

  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Video creator, designer, and business owner: Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Video Editor: RDZ
  • Do not copy this article without permissions



No comments:

Post a Comment

After 2 Years of Stepping Down, Where is Ichikraft Now?

About two years ago, I made the decision that the Ichikraft Etsy shop closed temporarily. However, even until this day, I am still with the ...