Meet The Cheapest Fruit In Singapore

 


The cheapest fruit in Singapore - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Living in Singapore, believe me, we have to face how expensive the cost of living here is, at least from my perspective. From property to daily expenses, everything is at a high price. Fruit is only one of them that we need in our daily basis life. And in this article, I would like you to meet the cheapest fruit in Singapore: sweet fig banana!🤗

Back then in my hometown when I lived in my village, I used to eat a particular banana. By looking at the size, it was the smallest banana that I had ever seen in my life. So, it was easy to distinguish from others. This type of banana was abundant and sometimes villagers just gave it to the birds or left it as many didn't want it anymore since every household, once again, every household planted banana in their garden or yards. And it wasn't only one tree but sometimes it grew uncontrollable in the garden.🤷‍♀️😅 Without any maintenance at all, those banana trees grew well in the garden in every household. As result, we couldn't finish it when the banana season came since no demand for this kind of banana in the market. Because of this reason, we produced banana chips! The important lesson is we can take advantage when there is an abundant food source, create it into something that has economic value, in another word; transform it into business!🤩👍

At home, as far as I remember, it was only me who like to eat sweet fig bananas. Yeah, 1 part of sweet fig banana just like in the picture above, I could finish it by myself in less than 2 days! No one at home had desired to eat this type of banana as there was any other fruit that my father's garden offered such as pineapple and papaya. Yeah, we had plenty of papaya fruit whether young or ripe in the garden since it was easy to grow. Meanwhile pineapple, well, my father planted lots of pineapples around our house! Because of only me who loved this smallest banana, my brother said that I liked a monkey.🤣🙊

What I can say is that we are grateful for what we have today. In the past, I could easy to eat a free banana which meant we didn't need to pay for them. This banana was only one of them because we ate many varieties of fruit without spending any single money! It's amazing, isn't it? Although my father lost his decent job, we survived because of my father's gardening skills!

Many years after left my hometown, nowadays, I can find sweet fig bananas in the market nearby our block. I am just glad when I buy it once in a while. The price is 50 Cent! Wow! I assume it is the cheapest fruit in Singapore that we can find! For another fruit, the price would go upper $5 and $10! Yeah, fruit is definitely expensive here. I spend about $50 a week only on fruit!🙄 Yeah, fish (seafood), and fruit are expensive in Singapore; I can't say more about it. 

Even though I realize that buying fruit like apples and oranges is costs money more, I would prefer to buy those fruit each week. If I have to buy banana I have always chosen a sweet mountain banana that has a nice texture which is high-priced and I don't mind about it as I mentioned before in my article before that education has the ability to lift up our life in the future; level up our standard of life. Nowadays, I can enjoy the different varieties of fruits without worry about the price. 

Of course, I like this type of banana: sweet fig banana, however, I can't eat sweet fig banana every day even though it is the cheapest one.  Therefore I would like to eat and try another fruit to get more vitamins from it. Buying sweet fig banana sometimes, well, it reminds me of my old day and it was a good memory to tell it about today!

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse this photograph anywhere else without permission



No comments:

Post a Comment

After 2 Years of Stepping Down, Where is Ichikraft Now?

About two years ago, I made the decision that the Ichikraft Etsy shop closed temporarily. However, even until this day, I am still with the ...