Christmas 2021: Creating Good Memories During Special Event


One of our presents for one of our neighbors  - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

I wrote about the Chinese New Year 2022 not long ago, and today I would like to share what was look like Christmas 2021 with my neighbors as we have been busy so this article is kinda late. However, it was a beautiful moment for us since it could be our last Christmas in Singapore. So, I think marking unforgettable memories with my neighbors in this blog is a must-do. 


One of cakes from one of my neighbors - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

As we have something to have to do for our future, my husband and I decided to move forward. Therefore, Christmas 2021 might be our last moment with our neighbors here to share happiness and spread kindness where we gave presents or cakes or cookies before a Christmas day. If you are following our story, I mentioned before in my article that I had been growing up in an environment where we had always shared good things with others. For me, personally, leaving good memories would be beautiful especially when we haven't settled in one place which means we have to move to another place. Finding a hundred enemies in one day is easy but we can not find a real good friend in a day. Sometimes I hate when I had found good new friends then I must leave again, again...start over my relationship in my new environment. Feeling sad as we might have become besties in the following years. However, I am glad and relieved because I left good memories for them and also for myself so that I can always remember that I had a good life and happy life while living surrounded by them.🤗


One of a cake packet for one of our neighbors - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Look at the first picture above, yes, it was one of Chrismast present for our neighbor's dog. Her dog is adorable and I couldn't resist giving a gift on a special day. We sent some cakes to our neighbors and also my good friend. For Christmas, usually, chocolate is the best choice, however, since one of my neighbors has given us an expensive Christmas cake, my husband wants to buy a good cake to pay back all the kindness and heart-warming from our neighbors. Furthermore, we might be not staying in this place anymore next year. Is this goodbye? This is some kind of feeling that I hate when I must move again and leave my good friends behind.😭


A Christmas packet & birthday gift from my sweet friend - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Despite our good intention, we did not have time and had been busy, as result, we got an ambush from the neighbors. Unlike the year before, Christmas 2021 was different as our neighbor came first before us. I was surprised! Another cookie and a gift arrived and it came from my friend who lives in another district. I was really happy not because of the cake or cookie and the gift but their heart toward me is warm. As I mentioned in my article before that exchanging foods to celebrate festive seasons is not a competition who are wealthier. This kind of tradition is like how to show our gratitude toward others. We have been busy with so many things in our daily life and so are our neighbors and friends. So the festive season is a good time to make a visit bring a cake or cookie and have a little chat. In my opinion, food is a comfortable thing that we can share with others especially if we cook it at home, it must be special. I hope someday if we decided to settle down in one specific place I can do cooking for our neighbor just like when I lived in my village where everyone had always shared with neighbors their home cook foods daily.


A Christmas present that I sent for one of my Japanese friends - Photographed by Ryo Rakusui

This is a memory that I want to create in every step of my life. Creating good memories wherever I stand and live, meeting new people, and making a friend. Christmas 2021 was something special as it might be the last time we shared a happy moment with our neighbors in Singapore. Feeling sad? Of course, however, I am relieved because we have created beautiful memories while we are still around. 

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti and Ryo Rakusui
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After 2 Years of Stepping Down, Where is Ichikraft Now?

About two years ago, I made the decision that the Ichikraft Etsy shop closed temporarily. However, even until this day, I am still with the ...