Simple Breakfast, yet Healthy

 

Simple and healthy breakfast - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What your breakfast today? I would like to eat something simple, quick, and easy to prepare in the morning for our breakfast. Indeed, it is not something special, however, the breakfast menu is still important to start the day. So, what kind of simple and healthy breakfast that easy to prepare without consuming time because basically morning has always in a rush?

I have always mentioned my father because he taught me to eat and choose foods, gardening, drawing, et cetera. What he had believed was eating a half-cooked egg every morning was good for children because they would grow up healthy and become smart. I assumed he often read the news, books, and sharing knowledge with his collages in the office that improved his ability and intelligence including nutrients and vitamins in the food source. Whether a half-boiled egg is can increase intelligence in children or not, it is quite promising since we all know that egg has B vitamins, vitamin D, Omega, protein, et cetera. It is the fact about the egg that rich in nutrients. 

I bet when I was a toddler, eating half-cooked eggs was my routine every morning. I didn't remember about it. ๐Ÿคจ However, since I grew up I wanted to eat a cooked boiled egg because I found it just not right to eat a boiled egg that looked like mountain lava, eww๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™„ Since I realized about "lava" I left a half-cooked boiled egg behind my life story. Whatever it was, as long I ate an egg for breakfast whether omelet or boiled egg, my father approved. It is my story about eating a boiled egg in the morning for a long, long time ago. My father was the one who educated me to eat well and healthy.

Breakfast or lunch? ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคจ Toasted white bread with tuna, mozzarella, and butter, an apple, and a glass of tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Making healthy breakfast is easy and do not consume our time in the kitchen. Sometimes I boil the egg at night so in the morning the egg is easy to eat. In general, while cooking for lunch box or bento, I boil the egg for our breakfast. Yes, the reason why I wake up early morning is to cook bento not prepare breakfast.๐Ÿ˜…  Why? Because breakfast in our home is simple, for instance, a boiled egg and banana, or when I buy Japanese sweet potato; we eat boiled sweet potato in the morning. Another menu is white bread with butter or any kind of cakes that I buy from a cakes shop or baked the bread with tuna or mackerel cans.๐Ÿค— That's it? YES! My favorite is to drink soya in the morning. Actually, I love cocoa drinks for my breakfast, but this product is not available in hypermarket nearby anymore. So, technically, there is no special preparation to make breakfast. I do remember when I worked a long time ago, I bought a slice of bread or bun while walked to the place where I waited for the bus. And definitely eating my breakfast while walking to the gate of my office.๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜

We eat the same breakfast menu every day. I think there is a reason why I do not write breakfast recipes on Ichi's Fusion Recipes since the menu has always been the same every morning. Someone asked my husband, "every day eating eggs? you are not bored?" or why I have stock of eggs for at least a week. It is a good food source and can boost our energy in the morning, there is no word "bored."  Of course, nowadays we choose low cholesterol eggs to maintain our health because we are not children anymore. 

I think if my father still around, he would be very happy to see that I still hold this "tradition" to eat a boiled egg for breakfast which meant I learned from him how to eat well. I hope that I can pass down this family custom to my children someday when we have children. Simple breakfast, yet healthy and affordable. That what can I picture about the boiled eggs. 

Note:

  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse this photograph anywhere else without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

After 2 Years of Stepping Down, Where is Ichikraft Now?

About two years ago, I made the decision that the Ichikraft Etsy shop closed temporarily. However, even until this day, I am still with the ...