The Meaning Of Four-Leaf Clover

download_20160321_175420

Photographed by Ryo Rakusui

For me, Clover is a new plant, and I’m curious about their legend or the meaning behind four-leaf Clover plant. It is very interesting to know about them more. How lucky me, my friend told me about four-leaf Clover more than I expected. She helped me to satisfy my curiosity about four-leaf Clover. Thank you very much Ryo-san, arigatou gozaimasu.

Honestly, I knew about four-leaf Clover when I watched Japan anime. What? Yes, it is true. Many times I watch Japan anime to release my stress from daily activities. In that story of Japan anime, some kids were looking for four-leaf Clover. If they could find it, it means good luck would come to them. So they tried hard to find four-leaf Clover. That’s a very nice story, I like thatSmile Clover plant commonly has three-leaves. Four-leaf Clover is a rare variation of approximately 1 in 10.000. Yes, there are approximately 10.000 three-leaf Clover for every four-leaf clover. Wow, how awesome it is when we could find four-leaf Clover. And it is unclear and become debates, the four-leaf Clover is caused by genetic or environmental issues. Forget about why and what is the cause when four-leaf Clover appears, because I really, really wanted to find a four-leaf clover Open-mouthed smile

download_20160401_184900

Ryo rakusui gave me this picture

According to the tradition, if someone could find four-leaf Clover, it bring good luck for them, especially when they found accidentally. Oh, of course, it is like other foliage plants. I have some kind of foliage plants that believed to bring good luck for the owners. First, called Money plant, the Money plant is just one of foliage plants that believed to bring good luck. Sometimes we could find them in green leaf color, or green and white leaf colors. Secondly, Aglaonema plants. Javanese people believe these plants bring good luck. So, if we planted them at the house, and they grow well with many leaves appear, that means lots of good and luck come to us.

I think four-leaf Clover is unique and mysterious thing. Because there are many legends on it that it’s unclear which one is the true legend about four-leaf Clover. Four-leaf Clover are about legend, tradition, and belief. And I think is that why it always attracts people to find four-leaf Clover until now. Yes, it is a miracle when someone can find a four-leaf Clover.

In Europe, the four-leaf clover is a symbol of good luck. Someone who can find four-leaf Clover then luck will visit. Besides, in a Christian legend, the story tells that Eve brought a four-leaf Clover when she was expelled from Paradise. So, what is the meaning behind four-leaf Clover? Each leaf Clover represents faith, hope, love, and luck/happiness. Some others say the four leaves represent fame, wealth, love, and great health. How is about five-leaf, six-leaf, and above? Well, five-leaf represents money. And there is no meaning for six-leaf and above.

download_20160401_184902

Ryo Rakusui gave me this picture

May 10, 2009, in Yawaza, Hanamaki, Iwate Prefecture-Japan, was discovered 56-leaf Clover by Mr. Shigeo Obara. He has received a certificate Guinness World Record for his great job. He was 84 old farmer that studied about multi-leaf Clover. He was an independent researcher on Clovers for over 50 years. On May 25th, 2002, Mr. Shigeo Obara discovered 18-leaf Clover, then on June 3, 2008, he discovered 21-leaf Clover. Yes, he shattered his own record. But, He died before receiving a certificate of Guinness World record.

Wow, it is an amazing four-leaf Clover story. Many of the stories behind these leaves, a legend, a tradition, and a belief. Well, I agree if four-leaf Clover is a miracle leaf. It is not a common leaf, but it’s a miracle if we can find four-leaf Clover. Yes, there is not easy to find some miracle around our life, but when we try hard, we will probably see it in a small percentage, even if 1 in 10.000. Do you believe it?

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Pictures from Ryo Rakusui
  • Do not copy this article without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment

After 2 Years of Stepping Down, Where is Ichikraft Now?

About two years ago, I made the decision that the Ichikraft Etsy shop closed temporarily. However, even until this day, I am still with the ...